Anchorage Child Support Modification Lawyer

Bear Child custody , parenting time (visitation) and child support arrangements can be changed under certain conditions. Specifically, when a "significant and material change in circumstances" occurs, a parent can petition a court to modify these arrangements, as long as they are in the best interest of his or her child.

If you have experienced a change of circumstances that will affect your child custody, parenting time and/or child support arrangements, we can advocate for your rights and the rights of your children. At the Law Office of Patrick G. Ross, we have more than 28 years of experience with challenging family law matters. We have facilitated modification of court orders for many of our clients over the years.

Modification Of Child Custody And Visitation

If your living situation or your children's needs have changed in a significant way, it may be appropriate to seek modification of your custody or parenting time orders. For example, if you or your co-parent is planning to relocate, if a remarriage has occurred or if your children have outgrown existing visitation arrangements, we can represent you in pursuing a modification.

We cannot guarantee specific results with regard to custody or visitation modification, since the outcome will depend on how the court views your specific circumstances. However, as your attorney, Patrick G. Ross can present the facts of your case to the court in a way that is clear and compelling.

Can I Modify Child Support?

Modification of child support requires a significant change in circumstances. Generally, a demonstrable, permanent income change of 15 percent or more is required for an order to be changed. A temporary setback, such as the loss of a job or a seasonal income reduction, is not considered grounds for changing a child support order. Furthermore, a court can find that a parent is "voluntarily unemployed or underemployed" and order payment of child support to continue at a certain level.

If you have questions about modifying child support, we can answer them. If your situation justifies modification, we can represent you in court to that end.

Contact An Anchorage And Mat-Su Borough Custody Modification Attorney

Call 907-277-7677 or contact us online to schedule an appointment with an Anchorage child support modification attorney. SouthCentral Alaska lawyer Patrick G. Ross will meet directly with you to find the solution that is right for your family. View a map and directions to locate our Midtown Anchorage office, which features free parking.